Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries account for 50% or more of all knee injuries. They are most prevalent in patients 15-45 years of age, and even more common in female athletes. Proper injury risk assessment can be done to identify the potential for ACL injuries. Using visual analysis, we are able to identify biomechanical deficiencies and areas of muscular weakness to help prevent injury.
Sportsmetrics is a program used to decrease knee injuries in athletes, and has been proven to do so particularly in female athletes. Sportsmetrics is the first and only training program scientifically proven to:
- Reduce serious knee injury
- Increase vertical jump height
- Improve hamstring and quadriceps strength and symmetry
- Improve landing mechanics
- Reduce side-to-side movements at the knee